4. my favorite people are very very good at joy, the current Dalai Llama, this 2 year old I met at a festival once, my daughters, that guy who does dance walks in NYC, my dead grandfather that I never met.
5. when I feel really joyful I also feel most authentic and this relieves all manner of distrust and anxiety towards myself and other people. I say i haven’t really met someone until we’ve played together because then I’ll have met their joy.
6. I can use joy as a beacon when I get lost, like, which end is UP? I don’t know but I remember walks used to make me happy so I’ll give it a whirl. Then an hour later, I’m back to Me. Joy helps me come home.
7. when I'm happy I also feel empowered, inspired, clear, excited, ready. So, it's a very useful state of being. Joy correlates with a lot of Source energy pouring through so there’s a butt-ton of infinite wisdom and clarity to play with too.
8. Science can now prove that happiness is the most productive state of being and that happiness should be a top priority. Go science!
9. What gives us Joy as humans is universal, as positive psychologist Shawn Achor says, "while the triggers of short-term happiness are different, what sustains long-term happiness, we would argue, is universal across all cultures." Compassion, Love, Deep Fun, and striving towards our best selves are all the most common joy paths.
10. Happy people are the funnest to play with, to dance with, to build with and to marry.
11. People contribute good things to the world when they're joyful because they're full up and it genuinely feels good to give. 1/4 of the part of our mind responsible for well being is devoted to generosity!
12. Joy is contagious. Happy people are like the good apples "rotting" the bunch but in a positive, uplifted, hell yeah let's have fun making the world a better place kind of way.
13. (not) incidentally, my favorite activities all bring me to my most profound experience of joy, poetry, biking, dancing, laughing, lovemaking, creating, loving, building, designing, playshopping, preaching ... when I engage them fully, all lead me to a deeply joyful state of being, which is fully funded too so I often do my best coaching or write my best stuff after those deep drops. It's amazing how life is set up that way,
14. "The purpose of our lives is to be happy." -- The 14th Dalai Lama
15. while I may get way off track of my own joy and have to course correct that, being in joy is effortless.
16. joy is easy to recover your functional relationship with because 99.9% of humanity is insanely motivated and bone weary of their own fuss and chronic discontent and sadness. That makes my work much easier. I'm not selling kitchen gadgets here. I'm selling portals back to the thing you miss more than anything else. #jobsecurity
17. We feel happiest when we feel we are growing
18. when I just show up purely to follow a joy buzz, I always end up learning something amazing about existence. Joy and Wisdom are BUDZ.
19. When I'm steadily happy I don't hurt anymore, I heal faster and have about a million less stress.
20. In joyfulness, I am very very tuned in and have a lot of energy coursing through me so I'm more sensitive to stuff. In this state, less is more. I can't imbibe or abuse my body with things easily in a joyful state. Because joy is predicated upon really listening, I can't help but hear that my body doesn't really want this or that.
21. our joy is completely in our hands. Research shows 90% of our long-term success is predicted not by our external circumstance but how we process the world around us.
Love from the deep,